If you want something easy to make, let me tell you about my little invention.
I’m sure someone else has done it before, but I decided to make steak and mushrooms in the crockpot one day, instead of on the stove.
Let me tell you, it was a life saver!
The meat came out extremely tender and it sure beat standing over a hot stove and hoping not to burn the steak.
Here is what I did
1. Rinse the steak and pat it with some paper towels to dry it.
2. Season it with spices of your choice.
3. Get crock pot ready, spray inside with non stick spray. Then turn it on to the highest setting. (Mine only had Lo and Hi)
4. Place a tiny bit of olive oil in a pan and quickly brown each side of the steak. It literally is about 2 seconds per side.
5. Put the steak in the crock pot (I usually have about 2 or 3 large pieces).
6. Put sliced raw onions on top and then place thick cut mushrooms on top of that.
7. Place more sesasonin of your choice over everything. And if you want you can add 1/4 of broth. But when the mushrooms and meat cook down, you’ll get liquid anyway, so only do this step if you think it looks a little dry.
8. Cook on high for about 2 hours and then turn down to low for about 3 hours. You can always check on it and poke it with a fork and see if the meat falls apart.
Serve it with rice or as I do with some roasted asparagus or broccoli on the side. You can eat it soupy with all the liquid or just pull apart the pieces you want.
SUPER easy and delicious!
Next time I make it I will take some pictures, but it’s one of those things you can make up as you go along. Let me know if you try it out and how you like it :).