With summer weather upon us and the high temperatures, it can be a little bit tough to find something to wear that isn’t going to make you feel like you’re bundled up for the snow.
Here are 5 tips on what kind of hijabs and hijab styles work well with the heat.
- Look for something that has breathable fabric like 100% cotton or bamboo.
- Try wearing a one piece hijab style that allows you to have more air-flow underneath as opposed to a shayla that has been wrapped around a few times.
- Ditch the Pashmina hijab and only use it in cooler weather. The fabric can feel like heavy wool and in the summer, you’ll be sweating like crazy!
- If you know you’re going to be outdoors all day try a jersey fabric hijab. It’s nice and light, perfect for any kind of weather and easy to style.
- A great go to hijab style for hot weather is the Spanish hijab style. Pin a turtleneck to it if you need extra neck coverage. Or leave a piece of fabric to pin across your neck and to the side after you’re done making the bun in the back.
How do you stay cool in the summer?