It’s time to look back at this past year and see just how much hijab made it into the spotlight. Everything from ways to wear you hijab to an increase in hijab fashion designers to powerful women rocking their hijabs. (Special thanks to our Facebook fans who gave us some tips)!
- Skinny jeans and leggings.
- Big voluminous hijab styles a.k.a the “camel hump”.
- The maxi trend: skirts, hijabs, dresses. Anything deemed hijab friendly or modest usually had the word “maxi” associated with it.
- The rise of hijab fashion “personalities”.
- Popularity of no pin hijab inventions.
- Increase in online hijab fashion businesses.
- Hijab fashion designers featured in mainstream fashion shows.
- Hijabis on mainstream American television.
- More openness to hijab in athletics.
- Hijabi becomes the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize!
Do you have any things to add to the list? Feel free to comment below!