A little over a week ago we went and got our hair done at the salon and it felt great!
There is nothing like a good hair cut to make you feel like a million bucks. We also got our hair colored J. Lo style with bits of blond and brown.
But here was our dilemma. How do we maintain that look?
Well here are a few tips on how to keep your hair from falling flat and lifeless.
- Don’t be lazy, take that hijab off when you get home! One of the biggest mistakes hijabis make is thinking it doesn’t matter how their hair looks since they cover it when they go out. Your hair need to breathe every now and then.
- Buy a proper shampoo and conditioner that is salon grade quality (especially if you have colored your hair!). It’s easy to get sucked into the cheap stuff from Suave or Herbal Essences, but in the end your hair is what you put in it. We chose to get Umberto Beverly Hills shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair because Target had a great deal on the products.
- Apply a heat protecting oil to your hair before doing anything. We use Rusk Moroccan Oil.
- Use a blow dryer to dry your hair before styling (and preferably before putting hijab on soggy hair and a scarf don’t mix well). We never realized how much this works until we put it to use. And make sure you invest in a quality blow dryer. Cheap ones will only make your hair frizzy. We use the Infiniti by Conair 223X Cord Reel Dryer.
- If you choose to straighten your hair with a flat iron make sure to use a heat protective spray before styling. We use Aussie Heat Protecting Shine Spray.BONUS TIP: You can always check out YouTube for videos on how to style your hair if you feel stuck.